|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £25000 - £27000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an Inspector to join them at their Ampthill site. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs.
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
Perform NDT inspection and interpretation of various components, including welds, using one or more of the following techniques in accordance with industry standards and internal processes/procedures:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
- Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI.
- Radiography (RT).
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI).
In addition you will be expected to conduct Quality Inspection activities that includes but not limited to:
- Using various hand held measuring devices i.e. Vernier calipers, micrometers etc.
- Performing visual acceptance/confirmation.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Creating non-conformance reports.
- Goods Inwards inspection.
- Experience in a similar inspection role within a manufacturing organisation.
- Experience in the use of some of the following metrology equipment; CMM / Laser Tracker / Faro Arm.
- Experience in CMM programming via PC-DMIS software.
- A Detailed understanding of first principle methodology.
- Experience in Goods-in and Source Release activities.
- Involvement within Calibration activities.
- Creation of Non Conformance reports and associated Root Cause Analysis.
- Experience in Electrical testing.
- Stong SAP user skills.
Knowledge &/or experience in the following:
- Radiography (RT).
- Visual Weld Inspection.
- Phased Array Ultrasonic testing (PAUT).
- CMM or Articulated arms.
- Goods In Inspection.
- Process Inspection.
- Ability to work within a high pressure production environment.
90% Ampthill based but some VAS will be done with suppliers, so will require some travel to supplier sites.
Approximately 10 in the team and 50 in the Quality function.
An electro-mechanical inspector that needs to have some experience in Ultrasonic Testing (UT). Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI). Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI). although they do not need to be certified/qualified in these techniques.
You will also need experience using a CMM/Faro Arm for taking measurements.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.