|Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire||Salary: £29000 - £39000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Temporary||Contact: Jack Pleon|
My Client is looking for an International Licensing Analyst to join them at their Bedfordshire location. As the company looks to grow its UK business over the next five years, it sees new opportunities to partner with the UK government to meet the country's global defence and security needs. This is on a 9 month fixed term contract!
Week 1 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri 8.30am - 4.00pm
Week 2 Mon - Thur 8.30am - 5.30pm. Fri Day off
Lunch break 30 mins each day
My client has become known as a leading UK defence engineering company, delivering on a broad range of contracts for the MoD, prime contractors across the wider UK market and international defence ministries.
Specific Job Description
- Plans and coordinates import/export activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions.
- Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products.
- Researches and resolves customer or supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import/export operations and organizations.
- Negotiates with foreign customers to develop handling agreements. Acts as liaison with U.S. customs representatives to resolve problems.
- Establishes requirements for license generation, guidance of the license generation and tracking process, and support of submitted licenses throughout U.S. Government review and approval process.
- Establishes, maintains and controls relations with appropriate government licensing authorities to ensure that the company's position on licensing and technology release is conveyed, understood and accepted.
- Maintains marketing contacts with both domestic and foreign civilian and military personnel, as well as customers and procurement officers.
- Applying for and maintaining UK Export/ Import licences including OGELs, OIELS, and SIELS.
- Interface with UK authorities on licence applications/queries. (HMRC/BIS
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with UK Export Legislation.
- Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DIT, HMRC and/or Corporate audits and other company standards.
- Play a supporting role in any DIT/HMRC/MoD audits and compliance visits, ensuring adequate preparation, training and communication within the company.
- Assist in developing processes and controls to ensure compliance is maintained throughout the business.
- Provide training, guidance and expertise to others in maintaining export compliance standards.
- Advise and communicate with various dept on export issues from the earliest commercial stage through the project lifecycle.
- Planning and arranging of import/export shipments, customs clearance and interfacing with Couriers, Freight Forwarders and other cargo handlers.
- Knowledge of US International Traffic & Arms regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Dual Use regulations.
- Experience of maintaining and coordinating of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions.
- Experience of liaising with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance to and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements.
- Working with Business Development to ensure F680 and Exhibition clearances are in place to meet business requirements.
The International Licensing Analyst will work in a team of 3 others, 1 Administrator, 1 other licensing analyst and 1 manager. You will be responsible for ensuring that all technical data and hardware which is either imported or exported by the company adheres to all relevant import, export and customs regulations and that all relevant documentation and licences are in place. Also provides advice and guidance to project teams on import/export and customs regulations and licence requirements.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
Click apply now to be considered!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.