|Location: Ampthill, Bedfordshire||Salary: £30 - £40 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
International Trade Compliance Analyst needed - Contract position - Based in Bedfordshire
Currently I'm recruiting for an International Trade Compliance Analyst to join my client's team on a contract basis.
The successful International Trade Compliance Analyst's main focuses will be to Plan and coordinate import/export activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions. Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported/exported products.
The successful International Trade Compliance Analyst will have the following duties:
- Researches and resolves customer or supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external Worldwide import/export operations and organisations.
- Negotiates with foreign customers to develop handling agreements.
- Acts as liaison with U.S customs representatives to resolve problems.
- Establishes requirements for license generation, guidance of the license generation and tracking process, and support of submitted licenses throughout U.S. Government review and approval process.
- Establishes, maintains and controls relations with appropriate government licensing authorities to ensure that the company's position on licensing and technology release is conveyed, understood and accepted.
Required Skills for the successful International Trade Compliance Analyst:
- Applying for and maintaining UK Export/ Import licences including OGELs, OIELS, and SIELS.
- Interface with UK authorities on licence applications/queries. (HMRC/BIS
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with UK Export Legislation.
- Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DIT, HMRC and/or Corporate audits and other company standards.
- Play a supporting role in any DIT/HMRC/MoD audits and compliance visits, ensuring adequate preparation, training and communication within the company.
- Assist in developing processes and controls to ensure compliance is maintained throughout the business.
- Provide training, guidance and expertise to others in maintaining export compliance standards.
- Advise and communicate with various dept on export issues from the earliest commercial stage through the project lifecycle.
Desired Skills for the successful International Trade Compliance Analyst:
- Knowledge of US International Traffic & Arms regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Dual Use regulations.
- Experience of maintaining and coordinating of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions.
- Experience of liaising with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance to and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements.
- Working with Business Development to ensure F680 and Exhibition clearances are in place to meet business requirements.