|Location: Hove, East Sussex||Salary: £40000 - £65000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
IT Asset Manager required to join a globally recognised energy company in the Hove area.They are currently one fo the largest energy companies in Europe and the UK's leading generator /supplier of low carbon energy.
The IT Asset Manager will be accountable for ensuring the companies smart metering assets are operating effectively in a compliant manner delivering a service at the lowest cost. Delivered by managing an operational portfolio of >5 M smart meters (value of c.£250M) through proactive monitoring and associated activities to maximise asset life and minimise the cost of early asset replacements. Executing and managing meter faults and alerts against agreed policies and procedures with escalation of issues to the meter technical team where required.
On offer for the IT Asset Manager is a salary up to £65,000 depending on experience. A competitive benefits package and the chance to work for one a highly reputable company.
The IT Asset Manager's day to day responibilities include:
- Define, lead and operate an enterprise based solution that will manage c. 5M smart meters processing tens of billions of meter alerts per annum (at full volume), undertaking complex trend and pattern analysis, driving remedial actions on the meter to ensure the health of the smart meter estate, security of supply and financial validation.
- Own the Firmware Management lifecycle which includes scheduling and implementation of firmware releases across the portfolio of c. 5M smart meters to ensure they remain fully operational, secure and compliant. The role will work collaboratively with the technical meter team including supportive data analysis and testing prior to acceptance.
- Manage critical external operational interfaces with software and communications provider to facilitate the effective operations of the companies Smart meters
- Manage asset security key processes required to refresh compromised or expired assets keys and to create new key ranges as required working closely with the companies security.
- Manage the provision of all Regulatory forecasts regarding Service Request volumes to agreed timelines and accuracy.
- Define, lead and monitor a robust continuous improvement approach focusing on root cause analysis delivering demonstrable outcomes through reduced cost of operation, increased efficiency and customer complaints(where applicable).
The IT Asset Manager must have the following knowledge / experience:
- All aspects of Enterprise asset management
- Distributed device management
- Software upgrade and patching strategy and implementation
- Able to establish and maintain effective business relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong relationship building skills that support the ability to engage with a number of diverse work streams to ensure delivery and performance
- Must be able to write clear and logical reports/business case recommendations/business papers that simplifies the complex for others to understand
- People leader with strong coaching and development and communication skills.
- Creates the right environment for idea generation & supports others in making new ideas work.
- Demonstrable experience of working within an ITIL based environment and associated accreditation
- An education to degree level or a demonstration of ability to the same level delivered in a working environment.
- Experience of managing external service providers to deliver positive outcomes for customers.
- Analytical with demonstrable ability in creating and interpreting MI reports and performance data
- Identifies opportunities to simplify, control costs and create value, implementing initiatives that have a measurable impact on our commercial performance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.