|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Temporary||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
IT Asset Specialist
IT Asset Specialist needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced IT Asset Specialist with experience of working with Microsoft licensing portals, database tools and software audit tools.
The successful IT Asset Specialist will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days bringing your maximum total to 30 days plus bank holidays.
- 4 times your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (benefits such as, new car scheme, retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, health screening and more!)
- Pension Scheme
- Sports and Social club
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Asset Specialist will include:
- Identifying key hardware and software assets owned by, leased to, and/or licensed to the company's businesses
- Creating a database of those assets that supports ongoing availability of services, provides auditable information to ensure the company is compliant with usage terms, and provides adequate notice to allow for termination of assets that are no longer economical or required.
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of the asset database, and ensuring relevant stakeholders are appraised of license and lease expires and/or renewals to be managed locally or centrally.
- Provide key support to the IT Category Manager and business stakeholders, including the group CIO and IT Heads, to identify common requirements and consolidation/'right-sizing' opportunities.
- Supporting role out of group-wide asset programmes, e.g. on-boarding users to global software deployments, hardware lease agreements etc., and close-down of outgoing services.
- Managing other non-commercial elements of lease and license renewals.
- Lifecycle management of physical assets, including end of life disposals and re-purposing.
- Maintaining accurate mobile device user data in the service provider's online management tool.
What you need to be the successful IT Asset Specialist:
In order to be the successful IT Asset Specialist and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
The role holder must have proven experience in a similar role and must be able to demonstrate experience of working with Microsoft licensing portals, database tools and software audit tools. MS Excel use to an advanced level is essential.
Personal strengths should include strong collaboration, influencing and relationship building/networking skills. The individual must be numerate and show strong attention to detail.
All applicants will be required to meet SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Asset Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.