|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer
Farnborough and Bristol
IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer needed for a world leading aerospace, maritime and defence engineering organisation with offices in Farnborough and Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in IT or STEM subject (Engineering / Physics / Maths / Science) and a background within aerospace, maritime or defence engineering or IT solutions.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer will include:
- Understanding the functional and technical requirements for the company's submarine combat system, products and test facilities and environments and be able to design, configure test and support the supporting IT and computing infrastructure. Work with other engineer specialists to understand the impacts of security and safety controls on the IT system design, architecture, components, interfaces and data.
- Implementing and delivering desktop and server hardware, installation, configuration and maintenance. Have an awareness of software defined networking.
- Providing technical guidance and support to other engineering teams during the submarine design, build and system installation and integration activities. You will have or develop an understanding of the customer Operational Defect (OPDEF) and maintenance processes to be able to provide specialist advice as required.
- Using your knowledge of current and potential future potential technologies in the marketplace to understand and be able to provide advice on the implications for sub-system design in a submarine.
What experience you need to be the successful IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer:
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant IT or STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering and IT practices to your work
- Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Experience of working in a customer-facing and/or supplier engagement role.
- Member of appropriate professional institution; Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Infrastructure & Network Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply for this role all candidates must be eligible to undergo and obtain a high level of UK Security Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.