|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Aaron Stone||Job Published: 4 days ago|
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer required to join a globally established Defence / Aerospace organisation in the area of Middlesex. The IT Infrastructure Engineer will manage the IT Infrastructure of the business, consisting of 60 servers, supporting enterprise ERP and PLM systems with 350 users.
The successful IT Infrastructure Engineer will be required to support the Infrastructure, including the Virtual, Physical and Network configuration, back up and disaster recovery, and maintaining software and firmware updates.
Key Skills and Background of the IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- You should be able to demonstrate that you can work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- You must be flexible and prepared on occasion to work outside core hours.
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience in an IS function is essential.
- You will be required to demonstrate a working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Hyper-V, Firewalls, Network switches (including Cisco, Layer 3 routing and sub-netting), Active Directory (multiple domain topology), Exchange, Symantec Backup Exec, SAN technology, VOIP, MS Remote Desktop Services.
Desirable skills of the IT Infrastructure Engineer (not essential):
- Mobile Device Management, Network Monitoring, Configuration Management, LINUX.
- A formal IS qualifications HNC/HND computing or above, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco or equivalent vendor qualifications would also be ideal.
All candidates must be eligible for SC clearance.