|Location: Coventry, West Midlands||Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Gold Group are seeking an IT Infrastructure Support Technician to join a well-established Retailer based in Coventry.
Initial training for this role will be based in Goring (period of 1-2 months)
Occasional travel to our other sites nationwide may be required.
£30k to £35k per annum depending on experience
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, customer focused in order to provide professional IT Support via the Internal Helpdesk to our client's headquarters, focusing on a providing a high level of support to the end user and producing easily interpreted route cause analysis/ process maps/ associated documentation. Acting as a department representative, dealing with tickets and support requests in a professional and friendly manner.
- Working to agreed targets and timescales as specified by the existing IT team and documenting solutions according to IT policy
- Working collaboratively with IT Team members to achieve targets within agreed timescales
- Displaying good interpersonal skills when interacting with colleagues and external parties ensuring that at the end of the interaction a clear outline of the It problem/requirement is obtained
- Responding to Helpdesk tickets in a timely manner and documenting fix implemented and problem resolution to agreed standards and in a logical format
- Prioritise Helpdesk tickets to ensure that operational effectiveness is achieved at all times
- The ability to manage conflict priorities and maintain positive working relationships in the process
- Searching a variety of media (knowledge base/internet, IT forums) for appropriate remedy in a timely manner. This may include liaising remotely and occasional on site with our Hungarian Development Team for Software solutions
- Replacing/repairing parts in a timely manner using safe working practices and within the agreed IT budgets
- Working to deliver project objectives within the timescales as set out by IT Managers and Directors
- Sourcing equipment from suppliers to maintain business continuity in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Working to industry standards and best practices to ensure safety at all times
- Documenting purchases of new equipment and maintaining asset register of existing Hardware and Software in line with the IT Departments standard approach
- Maintaining stock levels of consumables and other supplies to ensure business continuity within the group of companies ensuring the right product mix is maintained and cost-effective stock control is adhered to.
- Prioritising workloads and tickets in a responsible, timely manner. Working remotely from main IT Infrastructure department in a disciplined and responsible manner.
- IT experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of Computer Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
- Knowledge of Office Applications including Microsoft Office, OpenOffice etc.
- Knowledge of Email systems
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage and prioritise multiple issues
- Troubleshooting Hardware and Software Problems
- Experience of maintaining conveyor belts or other warehouse equipment
- Experience rolling out software updates / patches to physical hardware
- Strong Documentation skills
- Able to work on own initiative and conduct work in a disciplined manner.
- Good soft skills - communication (written and verbal) and questioning techniques
- A high level of interpersonal skills especially the ability to build rapport and strong working relationships quickly
- An interest in warehouse automation, or a desire to learn.
- Out-of-hours support
- English, Maths GCSEs + Appropriate IT qualification