|Location: Brighton, Brighton and Hove, England||Salary: £40000 - £48000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Walmisley|
£40,000 - £48,000
Are you a hands on IT Manager? Do you have experience delivering projects across the multiple platforms, including developing, configuring, managing and deploying? If you do then this role would be ideal for you.
Looking for someone to work across IT Services acting as a leader across the Productivity and Collaboration services. This will include collaborating with multiple teams, advising on and promoting adoption of platforms alongside best practice approaches to effective service delivery through a strong one-team' culture and agile working methods.
- Act as technical leader, as part of project teams and to recommend and create designs for new Productivity and Collaboration services.
- Support and manage the toolsets, platforms and technologies within O365 and Exchange online.
- Own, embed and manage Office 365, Zoom and other cloud centric, productivity and collaboration services and products.
- Lead and participate in collaborative activities to identify opportunities for innovation that deliver new value to teaching and learning, research, and other core business activities.
- Provide experience-based recommendations to operational and project teams on best practice approaches to effective toolset administration, configuration, and management.
- Work with ITS and other colleagues and stakeholders across the project lifecycle including: ITS Testing Manager; Service/Product team leads and Business Analysts.
- Use agile methodologies and supporting tools, in combination with more traditional structured approaches and governance, to deliver technical change.
- Manage team resources across multiple simultaneous projects and other activities of different sizes with varying timelines, balancing competing demands and negotiating mutually agreeable outcomes with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop junior colleagues through a blend of coaching, mentoring, giving positive and negative feedback constructively, and agreement of Personal Development Plans.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the organisations goals and strategic objectives and bring forward proposals for innovative solutions and platform enhancements that can add value to the experiences of our staff and students.
- As a member of the ITS Operations management team, engage with and support change and other initiatives to continually improve the value that we deliver to the University.
- Expert knowledge of managing and operating secure O365, enterprise messaging platforms and mobility technologies, including: Exchange Online, Teams and Microsoft EMS Bundled Products.
- Good knowledge of managing and operating secure enterprise identity management solutions and other associated technologies, including: Email Hygiene products (e.g., Mimecast), Identity Access Management software (e.g. Okta) and Zoom.
- Broad knowledge of configuring, monitoring and managing Microsoft's cloud-based platforms and related tools, including: Microsoft Office 365 admin portal, Exchange Online admin centre and Microsoft Azure portal.
- Strong working knowledge of securely configuring, operating and monitoring standard Microsoft services, software, and protocols, typically: PowerShell, SCCM, Active Directory, Azure AD, ADFS, DNS and DHCP, SMTP, MS-SQL Server, and the support of legacy Windows systems.
- Extensive, general IT knowledge gained in a hands-on service-oriented role.
- Experience operating, monitoring, and maintaining large PaaS and SaaS services and Hybrid infrastructures (e.g., VMware / Azure storage and compute).
This role suits someone with strong hands-on experience in 365 but especially with Exchange Online. It will also offer the chance to be a part of a large growth project as they look to the future.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.