|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Defence, Engineering, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
IT Server Engineer - DV Cleared
Inside of scope
IT Server Engineer with active DV Clearance required for a globally recognised defence company based in Portsmouth. My client are looking for an IT Server Engineer with a technical background of Microsoft Server, VMWare and Cisco Networking.
Responsibilities for IT Server Engineer - DV Cleared:
* Proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposals for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
* Lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and governance procedures and processes through design reviews
* Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in information technology
* Build and enhance relationships with peers and infrastructure services
* Be responsible for undertaking project work across the team as required - participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc.
* Working towards becoming recognised as a Server expert within the business.
Position Requirements / Experience & Skills for IT Server Engineer:
* Technical background with a broad range of knowledge, based on Microsoft Server, VMWare, Cisco networking and a mixture of COTS, MOTS and custom applications.
* Experience providing customer support to IT systems, preferably within the Military environment.
* Practical experience of building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSA ideally, or demonstrable experience).
* A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including Active Directory, Group Policy Object and DNS architectures.
* Experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
* Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
* Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
* Knowledge of Military Crypto and Communications systems would be desirable.
* Calm and methodical approach to problem solving
* Industry standard qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, such as MCSA, CISSP, CCNA, ITIL, VCP, degree
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Willing to provide 24/7 support on a weekly rota
* Already have or willing to go through enhanced DV security clearance
To apply for this exciting contract opportunity please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.