|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader
I am recruiting for an IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader for my client who are a tier 1 construction firm based in the Cambridgeshire area.
As an IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader you will receive the following benefits:
- Company Vehicle
- Fuel Card
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader Responsibilities:
- As an IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader your role will be 65% travel and 35% office based.
- You will be travelling the NWE region which will include regular travel to Bristol, Manchester, Bradford, Ipswich.
- You will be responsible to manage a team of 6 engineers including 121's, yearly appraisals, recruitment, disciplinaries etc.
- Co-ordinate the Service Engineers to ensure that IT service support for all locations is provided in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that services provided by the Service Desk and support teams are coordinated efficiently working to best practice methodology.
- Embrace a culture of continued improvement and quality.
- Ensure that any procedural changes are communicated and understood by the Service Engineering Team.
- Escalate incidents which are beyond the Support Team's capability.
- Escalate any major incidents immediately using the major incident process flow.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot end user hardware and software, networked peripheral devices as well as network software products in line with Group IT best practice encompassing standard and non-standard hardware and software policy and procedure.
- To preserve the security of company systems and data.
- Follow business protocols and keep up to date records.
- To act as escalation point and mentor for less experienced members of the team.
- Present a good image of Group IT at all times and be a role model for the Service Engineering Team.
- Make recommendations to the Service Engineering Manager to enhance service delivery.
- Stand in for Service Engineering Manager in times of absence.
- Assist Service Engineering Manager with immediate line management responsibilities of appraisals, development and absence reporting.
IT Service Desk / Desktop Team Leader Essential skills:
- Clean UK drivers' licence
- Experience in remote team management.
- Strong Organisation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of Windows technologies and network management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Self-motivated and effective time management skills
- Ability to think creatively and to problem solve
- Strong customer focus and build a culture of excellent customer service
- Considerable experience in a customer service environment
- ITIL V3