|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum + Comprehensive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, IT & Telecoms, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
IT Service Engineer required for one of the world leading and most successful defence organisations, based in Burridge. My client are looking for someone to join their service team, working on a number of exciting and innovative projects, specialising within military safety, security and surveillance.
This is a fantastic permanent opportunity for an established IT Service Engineer to work for a global leader, paying a highly competitive salary of £28,000 - £32,000 dependant on prior experience.
Successful candidates will have experience working within a project/service delivery environment, as well as a background in a customer facing service engineering role.
All applicants for this position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
- Matched 5% pension
- 25 days' holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work schemes
- Dental insurance
- Critical illness cover
Key Responsibilities for IT Service Engineer position:
- Take direction from the Project Managers and team leaders to meet the company needs.
- Management of helpdesk call and customer returns processes.
- Support the Service department to deliver projects to time cost and quality.
- To support unit and PCB testing functions in support of production and service engineering.
- Supporting the acceptance testing of customer systems.
- Assist the Service team in reporting to the client to ensure clear communications are maintained.
- Manage key project & service issues as directed by the Line Manager to ensure successful outcomes.
- Assist the service team in the management of suppliers
- Adherence to change control processes to ensure project configuration management is maintained at all times.
- Liaising and managing sub-contractors as required in order to complete necessary works whilst ensuring best results are achieved.
- Ensuring engineering best practice is at the heart of what we do.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Experience working in a project/service delivery environment.
- Experience in a customer facing service engineering role.
- Implementing managing & maintaining Microsoft Windows\Server environments including active directory.
- An understanding of networking and associated technologies.
- An understanding of Microsoft SQL.
- An understanding of visual and audio technologies (analogue & digital).
- Basic electronics skills (PCB testing & troubleshooting).
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of satellite communications and associated technologies (Inmarsat, Iridium, GPS) etc (Desirable).
- An understanding of virtual environments
- Network+ / A+ Certification or equivalent
- HNC/HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- CCNA,MCSA, MCSE (Beneficial)
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
- Full UK Driving Licence required (must include category B).
If you would like to apply for this exciting IT Service Engineer position please click 'apply now'. All applicants must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.