|Location: Gatwick, West Sussex||Salary: Up to £28000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Charlie Ringer||Job Published: 5 days ago|
IT Support Engineer Needed - Permanent Position - Paying up to £32,000 per annum - Based at London Gatwick Airport
This role is to assist with the daily support and implementation of all aspects on the IT Support service with a clear requirement of attending UK sites regularly. The successful IT Support Engineer will be managing and developing the IT Support function on a daily basis including managing workload and ensuring quality, against group Service Level Agreements and delivery of IT Service Programmes.
The successful IT Support Engineer will gain the following benefits:
- 23 days Holiday per annum
- Pension scheme
- Annual pay review
- Bupa health care
- Medical insurance
The successful IT Support Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development and control of both the IT Operations road map and Customer First, for efficiency improvement initiatives within both technology and the wider business.
- Managing and developing the IT Support function on a daily basis including managing workload and ensuring quality, against group Service Level Agreements and delivery of IT Service Programmes.
- Overseeing the service relationships of UK offices, assisting service specification and performance of our Service Desk who provide IT Support services for all locations.
- Analyse Service Level Agreements provided internally and by 3rd Party organisations.
- Where required, project managing designated programmes within IT Operations and providing guidance and assistance to other PMO's where applicable.
- Promote research & development technologies within the team's domain.
- Provide Knowledge, advice and consultancy at an advanced level.
- Guide less experienced colleagues to improve technology awareness and performance.
Required technical skills for the successful IT Support Engineer
- Windows client operating systems
- Apple OSX client operating systems
- Microsoft Office Suite O365 Windows and Mac
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016
- Windows Server Roles (RDP, DHCP, DNS, RAS, File Sharing, IIS, ADFS)
- Active Directory - Group Policy Management
- Microsoft Office 365 - (Azure AD, SharePoint, Teams, S4B)
- Networking knowledge (LAN / WAN)
- Mobile networking
- Customer Relationship Management platforms - D365 / Salesforce / Service Now etc.
- Customer / Client facing IT Support
- Firm grounding of expertise around global Voice & Data networks
- Cyber Security and GDPR knowledge processes advantageous
Operational requirements for the successful IT Support Engineer
- The ability to demonstrate technical ownership and proven operational skills in the following technical areas:
- Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Extensive experience working with and supporting both Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office including Skype for Business, SharePoint and Visio
- A firm grounding of expertise around global Voice & Data networks
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies on tight schedules
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Analytical and innovative
- High standard of English language skills (written and verbal), and the ability to interact with users of all levels.
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Operate within a corporate organisation or global operation