|Location: Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Harriet Houlton||Job Published: 8 days ago|
IT Support Engineer - Aylesbury
My client based in Aylesbury are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their small team, supporting small to medium sized businesses within the Aylesbury Vale and beyond.
IT Support Engineer Benefits:
20 days holiday + bank holidays working Monday to Friday 9:00-5:30
About the role of IT Support Engineer:
My client is looking for someone to work with them long term, on a full time basis. You will work standard office hours of 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday, but will need the flexibility to do additional planned work on occasional evenings or weekends, according to business needs. The successful candiate will handle basic password resets through to complex IT projects, due to the small nature of the team they do not have a strict first through to third line escalation.
You will be expected to share the day to day responsibilities for providing clients with highest level of service. This will require approximately 70% remote and phone support from our office in Aylesbury and 30% field work at customer premises.
Responsibilities fo the IT Support Engineer:
- Supporting clients on Windows 7, 8, 10 and OSX operating systems.
- Supporting clients on Server 2008/2012/2016 operating systems.
- Supporting Android, Windows Mobile and particularly iOS operating systems.
- Email support on POP3, IMAP & MAPI systems from Exchange Server 10, web based hosting provider and Office 365.
- Visiting clients at their premises to perform regular maintenance visits - a series of checks on IT equipment and solutions.
- Workshop work including PC and laptop repairs, testing parts and providing clients with estimates for work required to resolve particular issues.
- Troubleshooting problems over the phone, remotely, in the workshop and on site.
- Troubleshooting Office Suites on Windows and OSX.
My client is looking for someone with experience of working with a range of different customer needs, who is able to form a rapport easily and be a valuable member to our team. You need to be able to demonstrate good organisational skills, time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own workload.
You will need to be reliable and responsible as you will be expected to take ownership of your own work for clients, and to work largely unsupervised, keeping accurate records of the work you have completed and why.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, including excellent verbal and written English, and be confident in providing support over the phone.
Initial shadowing of team members and on the job training will be provided, though an eagerness to learn new solutions will be critical. The company provide up to 5 in-service training days every year, so you need to be someone with a passion to grow your skills and experience, who will look to expand your own knowledge.
Required Skills & Experience of the IT Support Engineer:
- At least 3 year experience providing 1st line support to businesses working on a Windows Server domain. Including complete setup of user from un-boxing to ready.
- At least 5 year experience supporting businesses on desktop operating systems from Windows XP to Windows 10. Including advanced troubleshooting of issues.
- You will be experienced in installing network printers, either on a wired or wireless network.
- Experience working with wired and wireless networks, troubleshooting and understanding basic TCP/IP.
- Router setup and configuration knowledge, including wireless security and basic port forwarding.
- Full UK driving license and use of own car with business insurance.
- Experience supporting various mobile operating systems (Android, iOS etc).
- Experience with DNS.
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 or 2016 setup and configuration experience.
- Exchange 2003, 2007, or 2010 and 365 setup and configuration experience.
- Experience Group Policy editing.
- Experience writing scripts or batch files.
- Experience with various brands of routers.
- Proficient with hard drive cloning and partitioning tools.
Skills and experience that would be beneficial for the IT Support Engineer:
- Experience working with Powershell command line.
- Backup and restore experience of desktop and server operating systems.
- Experience setting up virtualisation technologies.
- Microsoft certification or equivalent in desktop or server operating systems.
- On-site (Client) IT Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business IT Support: 3 years (Required)
- Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire (Preferred)
- Full UK Driving (Required)