|Location: Crawley, West Sussex||Salary: £34000 - £39000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer
West Sussex - Permanent - salary can be discussed over the phone
IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Medical Devices company who specialise within oncology and cancer treatment based in West Sussex. Must be able to drive and hold a valid driving license
Purpose of the role:
The IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer is responsible for installing and maintaining the Information System products for their specific equipment, according to company procedures, in order to ensure that all products function properly.
My client offer an attractive salary, fantastic benefits and career progression
Some of the main duties the IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer will include:
- Ensure detailed reports of service work are correctly recorded, including IT and technical problems, actions taken and parts used to correct the problems, to ensure accurate updated customer maintenance information.
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation regarding all operating characteristics, design factors, technical and system performance
- Maintain a high degree of professional knowledge and safety consciousness according to their guidelines in order to perform activities under the safest working conditions.
- Instruct and support customers in system maintenance and in basic operation of products, to ensure customers are self-sufficient in operating their equipment.
- Perform maintenance of specific products in order to ensure systems are systematically updated and operate properly at all times.
What you need to be the successful IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer
- Microsoft products technical qualification or equivalent practical experience.
- Citrix products technical qualification or equivalent practical experience.
- Practical experience in a 2nd/3rd line Support role of Window-based computer architecture, including server and desktop platforms.
- Understanding of networking principles.
- Experience installing and supporting Relational Databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
- Proven experience in installing and maintaining Citrix products is desirable.
- Experience in supporting servers in virtual environment infrastructure using virtualisation technology such as VMware technologies.
- Experience with supporting customers in a field service role.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Basic understanding of commercial terms
- Articulate and skilled in interpersonal communication
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work normal and non-normal hours as required to support the customers
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Support Engineer / Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.