|Location: Cambridgeshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician needed for a leading Aerospace and Defence company based in Cambridgeshire. They are looking to employ an experienced IT Support Technician, who has good technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, also someone who has hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience and someone who has experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016.
The IST Support Technician's role is to support and maintain the in-house computer systems, desktops and peripherals and end users via the IT Service Desk. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot user problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the IT Support Technician will include:
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal. Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new
- hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Define technical specifications for purchase of PCs, networking hardware and related products.
- Work with end users to deliver required PC service levels.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on computer operations and other issues.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user workstation software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails, Service Desk Tickets regarding PC and/or hardware problems.
- Maintain inventory of all IT Assets.
- Monitor and test PC performance and provide PC performance statistics and reports. Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on various platforms and
- operating systems.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
- Ensure that Client-side Endpoint protection is active and applied to all workstations at all times.
- Ensure that Client-side patching is active and up to date across all workstations at all times.
What you need to be the successful IT Support Technician:
In order to be the successful IT Support Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Knowledge & Experience
- Good technical knowledge of network and PC hardware. Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016
- Good understanding of Microsoft computer Operating Systems Good understanding of networking principals, including TCP/IP.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, & operating systems. Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Formal Education & Certification
- Formal qualification in IT or Computing would be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Support Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the IT Support Technician, you need to be eligible for SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.