|Location: Worcestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator needed for a leading Security and Defence company based in Worcestershire who are looking to employ an experienced IT Systems Administrator, who has a sound technical understanding of IT concepts, someone who has experience in supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage and someone who has experience of systems integration.
What the role entails:
This is a new opportunity for a Server Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment.
Some of the main duties of the IT Systems Administrator will include:
- This role is suitable for an experienced systems administrator or server engineer with a technical background in VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Server.
- Working under Senior Engineers or Architects, the candidate will work on tasks and take responsibility for the systems administration and technical tasks. .
- The applicant will be expected to uphold quality and maintain systems to budget and time constraints.
- The candidate must be organized and have exceptional time and personal management and have sound technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies
- Proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the maintenance and implementation of 3 current high classification systems
- Work on, and lead tasks to ensure delivered solution is maintained to the required level
- Aid with work on existing projects including business as usual tasks.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in information technology
- Work with management team to drive through a culture of technical and engineering excellence and adherence to the company's technical governance.
What you need to be the successful IT Systems Administrator:
In order to be the successful IT Systems Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrable in-depth experience of administration and management of VMWare ESXi and Microsoft Server 2012 and later. Ideally with relevant technical qualifications.
- A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including Active Directory, Group Policy Object and DNS architectures, WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, DFS, Veeam.
- Experience in supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a IT Systems Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the IT Systems Administrator, you need to be eligible for SC clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.