|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £30000 - £37000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
IT Systems Engineer
Up to £37,000 depending on experience.
IT Systems Engineer required to join a globally established Defence company based in the Hampshire area. This role comes with a wealth of benefits including competitive basic salary, performance bonus, contributed pension and 3-day weekend every 2 weeks. This role will also offer a lot of progression.
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the IT Systems Engineer will provide support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
Some of the main duties of the IT Systems Engineer will include:
- Investigating performance issues and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Generating reports to support performance investigations and customer queries
- Integrating and testing performance enhancements
- Providing technical expertise throughout the engineering lifecycle, with consideration for system integration, verification and validation, cost/risk, supportability, and effectiveness
- Representing the organisation as a technical expert on a project, interacting with external personnel on technical matters
- Analysing business requirements and developing system requirements.
- Providing technical solutions to the Programme Management Team.
- Involvement in discussions with customers during requirements analysis.
- Supporting Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
What you need to be the successful IT Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful IT Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Ability to investigate operational issues, diagnose cause of the defect and recommend appropriate corrective action.
- Ability to create clear and effective reports suitable for customer acceptance, including problem identification and diagnosis
- Technical confidence in a customer facing/consultation role.
- Technical experience with good communication skills, able to work with other staff (engineering and programme management) and the customer
- Ability to analyse requirements and assist in developing a technical solution.
- Experience in system design, integration and test particularly in the commercial IT domain.
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle and related disciplines.
Also, experience in the following would be highly beneficial:
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Experience with system modelling toolsets (e.g. Enterprise Architect, Rational, etc.) and system modelling languages/notations such as UML or SysML
The IT Systems Engineer MUST be eligible for Security Clearance
If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!