|Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear||Salary: £25000 - £40000 per annum + Various levels DOE|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Kyle Carter|
Engineer (Traffic Systems / Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS))
Various levels available including Principal / Senior offering competitive salaries based on experience
Multiple Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Engineers needed for a leading Civil Engineering and design consultancy based in Newcastle. We are seeking various levels of Engineers within Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) either principal / senior or engineer level, with an in-depth knowledge of ITS / Traffic Systems, Civil Engineering Design codes and Design technology such as AutoCAD.
The successful ITS Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary dependant on experience: ITS Engineer - £28,000 - £34,000 / Senior ITS Engineer - £34,000 - £38,000 / Principal ITS Engineer - Competetive Salary + Car allowance / Company Car
- Non-contributory Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Professional Qualification assistance and incentives
- Staff benefits scheme
As the successful ITS Engineer you will be expected to provide detailed specialist technical design support to a number of projects across the Country.
Experience in design engineering on a number of the following products will be required; ANPR, MIDAS, Emergency Roadside Telephones (ERT), ERA, Variable Message Signs (VMS), Highway Agency Digital Enforcement Camera System (HADECS), CCTV & Remotely Operated Temporary Traffic Management (ROTTM) plus various others.
Some of the main duties of the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Engineer will include:
- Provide technically detailed design in line with standards and guidance.
- Develop profile of company, working on a number of different projects.
- Work alongside other engineers to come up with answers to problems.
- Assist Bid/Tender Teams in preparation.
- Produce designs, documentation, test documents, design risk assessments, method statements.
- Carry out presentations.
- Provide valuable input on all aspects of design technicality.
- Provide specifications, cost estimates and work programmes for projects.
- Experience in all areas of project including scoping, commissioning, implementation, design & feasibility.
Experience / Qualifications
- Competent in computer packages word, excel, outlook & AUTOCAD
- Experience in BIM
- Understanding of highway design codes such as DMRB, SMART motorways, MMWH
- Detailed knowledge of electrical design and design packages
- Knowledge of technology specific documents (PCF - project control framework)
- Degree / HND or HNC in Electronic / Electrical / Civil Engineering
- Working towards or member of professional body (CEng / IEng)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.