|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £53000 - £57000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, IT & Telecoms, Design||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Intelligent Mobility and ITS Lead
£53,000 - £57,000
This role will help lead, grow and support our client's Intelligent Mobility services in our West region and will connect across the business's Intelligent Mobility national and international community.
The purpose of Intelligent Mobility is to enable better outcomes for individuals and society, improve the wider environmental impacts and enable the economy. To achieve this, they work with clients to advise on all aspects of transport technology systems, from strategy and business through to design and operation.
Their services cover Payments and Charging, Mobility as a Service, Systems & Operation (including ITS infrastructure design, Tunnels and Smart Motorways), Data and Tools, Electromobility and Connected and Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate, commercially aware Intelligent Mobility leader with sound technical knowledge to be an integral part of our Intelligent Mobility
This leadership role is intended to coordinate and optimise their technical delivery across a range of Advisory and Infrastructure Design projects, blending a forward look in this fast-moving segment of the industry with robust delivery of ongoing infrastructure works.
We are looking for someone who can grow a portfolio of projects in the region, collaborate with the other Intelligent Mobility teams in the UK and develop a local team of specialists.
The position will involve the provision of technical consultancy and strategic advice to clients.
Responsibilities will include a variety of roles including technical delivery, data analysis, report writing and supporting work winning with the Business Lead.
The role would be joining a team of 800+ designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists in our West region.
* Contribute to, and help expand the Intelligent Mobility business, looking for business development opportunities and winning work in this field.
* Responsible for managing delivery of Advisory service projects and ITS elements of larger infrastructure design projects based in the West of the UK
* Act as an integrator and collaborator between our highways, rail, aviation and intelligent mobility teams across the UK
* Contribute to client accounts and business development activity working with clients to understand their needs and form compelling proposals for consultancy services.
* Develop and build strong client relationships and command the confidence of others, internally and externally.
* Manage projects, commercials and multidisciplinary teams.
* Engage with other parts of the company and a range of internal stakeholders to help influence other disciplines on taking a holistic and strategic approach to intelligent mobility advisory services.
The successful candidate needs:
* To be able to demonstrate strong client relations and have a track record of delivering innovative projects.
* From a technical perspective, the successful candidate will have demonstrable discipline expertise and thought leadership in a number of the following areas:
* Intelligent Mobility
* Delivery of ITS in a Design and Build Environment
* Connected and autonomous vehicles and related highways design / infrastructure
* Electric vehicles
* Tolling and road user charging (and the linkage to economics and social acceptance issues)
* Real-time traveller information
* Smart ticketing
* Traffic control centres
* Tunnel operations
* An appropriate university degree or equivalent qualification.
* Chartered member of an appropriate professional body e.g. IET or equivalent is essential.
* Excellent client management skills
* Business Development and Tendering experience
* Promoting the specialist skills as a differentiator in the market
* Supporting creativity and innovation in teams
* Building special skills in the business by recruiting and developing others
* Developing individuals in their technical specialisation
* Significant experience within specialist field such as Electromobility, Connected Autonomous Vehicles or Road User Charging.
* Experience of responsibility for projects or significant self-contained pieces of work
* Strong knowledge of ITS systems and technology
* Project management experience
* Experience in supporting bidding and business development activities
* Commitment to continuous professional development
* Experience of leading a discipline, team or small group/function
Reward and Benefits:
Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per year.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.