|Location: City of London||Salary: £45000 - £75000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
I am looking for a Java Developer with excellent communication skills. You will be responsible for developing enterprise level software solutions as well as working on smaller iterative development projects. Working for a Delivery focused Consultancy. The role is based in London and is paying between £45,000 - £75,000 plus benefits.
As Java Developer you need experience of working with various development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall is important.
I need a multi-faceted technologist / Java Developer who has strong experience of developing complex applications within a Java, PHP and/or Python environment and has coding and development skills within other scripting languages too.
As a Java Developer you could get to work with some of the following:
* Experience of app containers such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere
* Exposure to NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, Redis, Riak, Couchbase, Cassandra
* Exposure to Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Solr, Lucene, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
* Exposure to cloud platform technologies such as AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet
* Exposure to web development, including Angular, React/Flux
* Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP &/or Kanban)
As a Java Developer to do this you should possess:
* 5 to 10 years of development and delivery experience with Java and/or PHP and/or Perl and/or Python and/or Go and/or bash and/or any similar exciting technologies.
* Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
* Great OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
* Familiarity with a few databases, like Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, etc
* Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
* Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment is essential
* Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching and mentoring of other technologists
* Development of highly concurrent systems (multi-threaded and/or distributed)
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.