|Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus and benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Donovan|
The successful Java Developer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Variable annual bonus based 10 - 15%
- Pension Plan
- Private Medical
- Career Progression
- Golden handshake on completion of probation!
You will be an ambitious Java Developer ideally with a scientific background, who will assist with accelerating product development and delivery of the next generation of software tools. You will be based on site in Cambridge with the opportunity to travel to customer sites and conferences around the world.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Java Developer will include:
- Developing new components for our text mining and pharma intelligence systems
- Developing rapid prototypes/scripts for new modules
- Creation of data management and data transformation workflows for public and private data
- Working with partner companies to integrate APIs in both directions
- Testing and documenting the above
- Working to deliver exceptional customer support at all times
What you need to be the successful Java Developer:
In order to be the successful Java Developer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- The ability to design and build unit-tested, modular code and deploy and run it on Linux servers locally or in the cloud
- Experience of designing or using RESTful web services
- An appreciation of performance and memory management and multithreading in Java; key bottlenecks, solutions and alternatives
- Lucene based search technologies e.g. Elastic search, Solr
It would be beneficial to your application to also have:
- An interest in Machine Learning / AI (bonus points if you have used Spark)
- Docker and Some Dev Ops
- Exposure to pharma / drug discovery / life sciences. Either a bioinformatics background or practical experience in handling public biomedical / healthcare databases, particularly life science text-based content.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Java Developer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.