|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Technology, IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Java Software Developer
My client, a globally leading technology company, are looking a Java Software Developer to join their growing business!
The Java Developer will ideally have expertise in Enterprise Java, as well as having good knowledge of object-orientation, patterns and software design.
All applicants for this Marketing Manager position must be eligible for SC clearance. Salary will be discussed upon application.
The role is based in Oxfordshire
- Generous pension
- Health care
- Dental care
- Life assurance
- + many others!
Skills and Experience for Java Software Developer required:
- Expertise in Enterprise Java with experience with Java 9+ being beneficial
- Good knowledge of object-orientation, patterns and software design
- Commercial RDBMS and SQL experience ideally with MySQL
- Web-based development and associated standards, including an eye for creating a clean UX, cross-browser development, and experience in meeting accessibility standards
- Experience using Ant, JUnit, and Tomcat or equivalent technologies, in a continuous integration context
- Prior experience of agile methodology.
- A proactive approach to ensuring tasks assigned are completed to a high standard
- High levels of professionalism and communication skills and the willingness to provide efficient and effective support when dealing with other employees
- A desire to learn and grow both in terms of IT and product knowledge, and in terms of emerging technologies and methodologies
- Close collaboration across our business to build and maintain bridges with our sales and services operations
Key Responsibilites for Java Software Developer role:
- Develop software, working with the rest of the development team to follow our best practice approach for developer testing, developing/improving unit tests, applying peer review processes, and delivering software of the highest quality that meets design goals
- Work with the Lead Architect to ensure that the CDL Development Process is applied and proactively assist in refining and improving this as our software and technology changes over time
- Advise the Lead Architect on advancements in technology that may need to be incorporated into our software
- Maintain a deep understanding of our software and how it is used by customers to ensure our work is constantly geared towards supporting and improving our capability
- Contribute to design meetings and reviews in both a technical and use-case driven capacity
- Support the Quality Assurance function in the way the software is built, in particular ensuring that automated testing is supported
- Ensure software operates to relevant Accessibility standards
- Provide efficient and effective support to the Help Desk and Operations Manager in order to resolve customer issues
- Provide software expertise to the Sales and Consulting teams
All applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, please press 'apply now'.