|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 6 days ago|
Junior Cyber Security Analyst
Junior Cyber Security Analyst needed for a multinational defence and electronics organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced Junior Cyber Security Analyst with knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems and methods of security hacking/penetration testing, an understanding of network analysis tools and an ability to conduct packet capture analysis, and a genuine interest in technology and technical security.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Junior Cyber Security Analyst will include:
As part of our Incident Response Team, you will be responsible for monitoring identifiers and suspect activity that indicates a potential security incident. This will make use of Intrusion Prevention Systems, Vulnerability Scanning tools and Malware Forensics.
What you need to be the successful Junior Cyber Secuirty Analyst:
In order to be the successful Junior Cyber Security Analyst and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A Computer Science degree (or similar) OR 2 years experience working in a technical environment (IT department or Electronics Engineering are both appropriate).
- Good attention to detail
- A genuine interest in technology and technical security
- An understanding of network analysis tools and an ability to conduct packet capture analysis
- An awareness of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS etc. and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP etc
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems and methods of security hacking/penetration testing
- An understanding of malware triage and the methods used to determine whether an identified file exhibits potential malicious intent
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, PHP, etc)
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Cyber Security Analyst to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All applicants moving forward for the Junior Cyber Security Analyst must be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.