|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Junior Developer required to join a globally established Aerospace / Defence client in the area of Cheltenham as part of the Business Systems team. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package which also includes the ability to develop and pick up an array of new skills.
The Junior Developer will have the following purpose within the business
- To work on development projects in isolation or as part of a team effort.
- To perform basic Oracle administrative tasks.
- Develop and maintain modifications IFS ERP system and associated 3rd party applications.
- Maintain LIVE and TEST environments. (Oracle, IFS Printservers, IFS extended server)
- Integrate ERP system with other internal and external systems.
- Support users over helpdesk and work in capacity of a first line contact when necessary.
- Conduct ad-hoc training.
- Any other tasks associated with this role.
Key responsibilities of the Junior Developer will include:
- Support of the ERP, Intranet, PLM and BI systems under guidance of Senior Business System team members
- Enhance Business System applications using built in configuration tools and minor scripting (SQL, Dot Net) as required
- Ensure and maintain data integrity, evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Proactively collaborate and communicate with system users to identify improvements by studying current practices and designing modifications
- Work with system users to define report requirements; deliver reports using the most appropriate technology
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures
- Provide reference information for users by writing and maintaining user documentation and training the users
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications
- Additional Business Systems tasks as required by the department workload
The Junior Developer will need to have:
- College Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent knowledge in PL-SQL.
- Good knowledge in .net technologies.
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
Training will be provided for the Junior Developer in the following:
- IFS Data Migration
- IFS Admin tool/ Solution manager
- IFS security
- IFS Custom menu development
- Deployment of IFS bug releases
- Basic DBA skills on Oracle databases.
- Experience in Crystal reports development
- Experience in Qlikview is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service outlook
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.