|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £27000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Gold Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Junior EC&I Equipment Engineer to join our client in Bristol. The successful Junior EC&I Equipment Engineer will assist in EC&I equipment design activities, under the guidance of the Principal Equipment Engineer in specification and development of C&I and Platform Management System (PMS) equipment across various projects and bids.
The ideal candidate will have been an Engineering apprentice with an Instrumentation or Electrical background and have at least 2-3 years equipment design experience.
Domestic and possible overseas travel may be required.
£27- £32K per annum depending on experience + some amazing benefits:
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- 25 Days Holiday Per Year
- 26 Days After 3 years' Service
- 27 Days After 5 years' Service
- Sick Pay Entitlement - 15 Days
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Tests
- To assist in the decomposition and derivation of C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards applicable to a warship, to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
- Assist in C&I/equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of equipment/procurement specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans; statements of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence
- Assist development of C&I electrical and mechanical designs, including producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation.
- Be able to assess and advise C&I and technology suitability for application in the intended environment.
- Assist in the production of the design deliverable Items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams, etc.
- Assist in the creation of AutoCAD drawings.
- Assist the test department in providing input into the development of functional test procedures and help support Environment/EMC/Shock qualification of equipment.
- To perform in accordance with the equipment design lifecycle processes under the guidance of the Principal and Section Lead Engineer.
- Work is multi-disciplined, coordinating various technical resources and functions.
- Problems may be complex and solutions require creativity within the conflicting parameters of specification, budget and schedule.
- Problems are both technical and task related.
- The jobholder takes day-to-day decisions relating to the assigned responsibilities, including making recommendations to management for changes to product, C&I solutions, processes and tools in order to achieve project objectives.
- The jobholder manages their own work within allocated time budgets for the assigned tasks.
- Continuous discussion internally within the Project and Engineering teams.
- Regular communication to and from project, line and functional leadership.
- Contact with significant stakeholders in MOD, customer, user community and sub-contractors.
- ONC/HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Instrumentation or related discipline (or working towards).
- 2-3 years experience in an engineering design or C&I environment.
- Good technical author and PC skills for documents, reports & spreadsheets.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Through, diligent and practical approach.
- Eagerness to learn and interest in all aspects of automation system development.
- Knowledge of marine or industrial control applications and projects.
- Understanding of structured design, quality, test and acceptance processes & standards relative to the Military / Marine Installations.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) capable.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project, Visio, DOORS, C&I databases / tools).