|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £26000 - £35000 per annum + Extensive Benefits Package|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 17 days ago|
Junior ILS Engineer
Junior ILS Engineer needed for a globally-recognised Defence & Technology company based in Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced Junior ILS Engineer with a good understanding of ILS and relevant principles.
The successful Junior ILS Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £26,000 - £35,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays (Increases with tenure)
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child care vouchers
* Eye Test
* Income Protection
* Life assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Flexible working hours
* Employee Share Scheme
What the role entails: The Junior ILS Engineer reports into the Head of Engineering through the ILS / TLM Manager and their primary role is to support projects, opportunities and activities associated with the Naval Service and Support (NSS) & Naval Systems (NS) business streams. Applicants should understand Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) / Through Life Management (TLM) discipline and be looking to build upon their experience and skill set while working with new technology on exciting high-profile contracts.
Some of the main duties of the Junior ILS Engineer will include:
* Support customer, both internal and external enquiries as directed by the Head of Engineering and ILS /TLM Manager
* Develop, validate, maintain and delivery ILS / TLM solutions, procedures and processes.
* Assist MSUK Bid Managers during the bid phase to develop customer focused solutions.
* Conduct Post Design Service (PDS) tasking to resolve customer funded issues.
* Ensure lessons learnt are applied to future business and procedures.
* Identification of obsolete components and potential mitigation actions (including potential counterfeit parts).
* Assist in the use of AR&M tools within the company, including DRACAS, FMECA & RCM
What you need to be the successful Junior ILS Engineer:
* Confident communicator
* Customer focused
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to integrate into a team environment.
* Working knowledge of the following MS Office Tools - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio and Outlook.
* Some experience in an ILS / TLM or Support Engineering role
* Post requires candidate to hold or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD SC Clearance
To be developed in role:
* Knowledge of Platform Management Systems
* Knowledge of RN Naval processes and procedures
* Understanding of the relevant Defence and Industrial Standards
* Experience in developing and maintaining Life Cycle Cost models.
* Experience with AR&M with particular emphasis on FMECA, MTA and LORA.
* Experience with the use of DRACAS or similar tools
* Knowledge of the MoD Bid process and working in Bid teams
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior ILS Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!