|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Up to £20000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sian Driscoll|
Junior Infrastrucure Support Analyst
Currently looking for a Junior Infrastrucure Support Analyst, required to join a globally established Electronics company based in Cheltenham who specialise in providing high integrity control products for aerospace, military vehicle and soldier applications.
The Junior Infrastrucure Support Analyst will be responsible for managing the support desk and being the first point of call for the escalation of technical support issues. The Junior Infrastrucure Support Analyst will also be responsible for the creation and maintainence of knowledge base, software patching and license management.
You will also have the opportunity to expand your knowledge into areas not traditionally associated with a Junior Infrastructure Support Analyst role. All applicants must be eligable for security clearance.
Key responsibilities of the Junior Infrastrucure Support Analyst include:
- A Computer Science degree (or equivalent) or 1 year of experience working in a technical environment (IT department or similar).
- A genuine interest in and an enthusiasm for technology and technical security.
- An understanding of Windows OS (desktop and server)
- A basic understanding of Linux or at least an interest in learning/expanding knowledge in this area.
- An understanding of computer hardware (desktop and server).
- Some exposure to working with (or an appreciation for the basic concepts of) network technologies. E.g. Firewalls, switches, routers, proxies.
- A logical approach to troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical problems.
- Some knowledge of virtualisation & cloud technologies.
- An organised and reliable manner.
- A detail-orientated approach.
- A positive and enthusiastic mindset. A "can do" attitude is a must.
- A real desire to improve existing knowledge and acquire new skills.