|Location: Ipswich, Suffolk||Salary: £20000 - £26000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Junior PMO Analyst
My client based in Ipswich are recruiting for a Junior PMO Analyst who will report to the PMO Manager and will be responsible for supporting the Senior PMO Analyst and PMO Manager in achieving the objectives of the Portfolio and Project Management function.
This is a hands on role, and is suited to someone who is looking to become involved in change management.
Junior PMO Analyst Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
Junior PMO Analyst Responsibilities:
- Perform Portfolio Analysis to determine impacts and risk to current and pipeline delivery.
- Support the project and portfolio reporting process, providing quality assurance and analysis on the reports to ensure and maintain a single source of truth, flagging areas of concern and inconsistency.
- Support the PMO Manager and Senior PMO Analyst to ensure the portfolio register is maintained and up to date at all times.
- Participate in the stage gate review process, quality assuring the deliverables before each gate, coaching and supporting the Project Manager to ensure objectives are achieved, and flagging areas of concern.
- Support the resource management process, including obtaining regular updates from key stakeholders within IT to keep the resource management demand vs. utilisation picture current.
- Assist in supporting the small works process.
- Support the PMO Manager to aggregate lessons learned into a report to form a picture of continuous improvement for the IT department and business.
- Monitor project controls, including risk, issues, plans, finances, project changes, dependencies and ensure any areas of concern are flagged.
- Assist in regular audits on the portfolio and ensure any areas of concern are flagged.
- Take a coaching and supportive stance to Project Managers - this is not an admin role, but flexibility will be required in the support that is provided where applicable.
- Provide support to the PMO Manager and Senior PMO Analyst where required.
Junior PMO Analyst Qualifications:
- Project or programme management methodologies such as Prince2/PMI/APM/MSP/Agile practitioner is ideal
- Any other project management related qualifications are desirable, e.g. Risk Management, Microsoft Project, Excel etc.
- SharePoint experience is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio
Junior PMO Analyst Skills & Experiences:
- Must work to a high degree of accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must take an analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- Strong customer focus