|Location: Suffolk||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Junior Solutions Architect
My client is a Tier 1 construction services company based in London who are recruiting for a Junior Solutions Architect.
Junior Solutions Architect Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Family Friendly Policies
- Private medical cover
- Pension matching scheme
- Discount on selected retailers and gyms
- Voluntary benefits such as; cycle to work, child care vouchers
Junior Solutions Architect Role:
- The Junior Solutions Architect's role will be to strategically design and implement in-house or supplied information systems and networked software architectures that support core organisational functions and assure their high availability.
- This individual will gain organisational commitment for all systems and software plans, as well as evaluate and select all technologies required to complete those plans.
- In addition, the Junior Solutions Architect provides technical leadership across the organisation, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
Junior Solutions Architect Key Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining corporate systems and software.
- Ensure that proposed and existing architectures are aligned with organisational goals and objectives.
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to Analysts, Systems Engineers, other Architects, and software development teams.
- Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Where applicable, design, develop, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Document the company's existing systems architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
- Review new and existing systems design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Confer with end-users, clients, or senior management to refine/define business and non-functional requirements for complex systems and infrastructure development.
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardising systems and software as necessary.
- Support the delivery of solutions and/or changes when needed, even if not involved directly with the solution or change.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Provide as cover to other team members, and make decisions in their absence, when required.
Junior Solutions Architect Essential Skills:
- Entry to 3 years of work experience as a Solution Architect.
- Experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Experience in systems and network design and development.
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows and Linux/UNIX based operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including Cloud based services.
- Knowledge of programming languages, including scripting and OOD languages.
- Knowledge of software/system evaluation principles and practices.
- Knowledge of project planning and management experience.
- Experience in using tools to develop artefacts, including Visio, MS Office Products, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.