|Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire||Salary: £21000 - £26000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 10 days ago|
£21,000 to £25,000
I have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Laboratory Technician to join a market leading aerospace company based near Macclesfield, Cheshire. You will be responsible for coordinating the laboratory testing of products in accordance with quality standards and customer specifications. Also you will coordinate internal and external calibration of measuring equipment, testing apparatus, jigs and fixtures. This opportunity
The successful Laboratory Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
* Pension Plan
* Plus Package Extras
Some of the main duties of the Laboratory Technician will include:
- Ensure the continued compliance to customer requirements and international standards such as AS9100, ISO9001 and ISO14001 through laboratory testing and calibration activities.
- This is achieved by:
- The preparation, examination and assessment of metallurgical samples.
- Carrying out routine tensile testing for verification of heat treatments or welding procedures.
- Coordinating the calibration of all measuring equipment, testing apparatus, and jigs and fixtures that require calibration.
- Maintenance of accurate calibration database records, ensuring that calibrated items are recalled for calibration at the required frequencies.
- Performing calibration on in-house calibrated items according to the relevant standards and specifications.
- Ensuring that laboratory activities and records comply with the relevant quality standards and NADCAP requirements.
In order to be the successful Laboratory Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Previous experience in a Laboratory role.
- Experience of working in a 'Batch' production environment.
- Level 2 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Ability to understand, follow and convey technical instructions.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to manage tight timescales.
- Previous experience of calibration activities.
- Previous use of Coordinate Measurement Machine.
- Previous experience working with chemicals.
- Knowledge of Metrology.
- Engineering Qualification or time served apprenticeship.
- NVQ Level 2 in a relevant subject area.
- Good knowledge of measurement equipment.
- Able to read engineering drawings
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to progress their career with an exciting company. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!