|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent company benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Stalla Xystra|
Gold Group Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Latent Defects Surveyor to join a well-established company based in London. Our client is seeking a RICS qualified building surveyor who is keen to develop additional underwriting and client relationship skills.
Salary £45-50k per annum, depending on experience.
- Assist Underwriters in the appropriate Business Unit in the analysis, interpretation and validation of survey reports and other information provided to Underwriters by clients relating to proposed development projects, and to undertake further review and clarification on any issues raised.
- Knowledge management and transfer to enable the Underwriters to fully understand all aspects of technical submissions provided by clients, and where necessary, to provide training to Underwriters as appropriate.
- Undertaking of site surveys and visits as required and the issue of the required reports to assist the Underwriters.
- Develop with the Underwriters an understanding of the appropriate underwriting standards and methodologies to underwrite specific risks/projects in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures and guidelines as agreed with the Senior Underwriter.
- Develop relationships with key clients and to encourage business development.
- Develop internal relationships with team members of the Company's other business units in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Assist the Underwriters and Claims Manager to analyse claims and agree revisions to underwriting and/or claims processes.
- Assist Underwriters in relation to the Company's business in UK and Europe (subject to appropriate training where applicable) in accordance with the Company's reporting lines and the processes contained in the Company's Underwriter Guide and Underwriting Manual.
- Supporting senior colleagues in the collation and maintenance of Management Information.
- Supporting the Board with the promotion of UK insurance products and services, including attendance at and delivery of business development activities linked to the Company's Business Plan.
- Attend training related to client business lines and products.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- General Building Surveyor including Building Control with competence in Dilapidations surveys and Party Walls.
- Residential/Commercial Properties.
- Self-motivated to be able to drive the development of the new product in the market and work independently.
- Interested and excited by the prospect of applying professional knowledge in a new industry.
- Ability to translate technical information into easily understood advice to support business decisions.
- Demonstrate a high level of diligence, attention to detail and tenacity.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and time manage opportunities where response times are critical and deadlines very narrow.
- Ability to present confidently and competently to a variety of audiences.
- Resilience and the ability to face new challenges with a proactive and can do approach.
- Ability to develop new processes and working practices.
- Proven competence in the delivery of professional advice and training.
- Ability to think critically and apply professional knowledge into workable solutions for clients.