|Location: City of London, London||Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Construction||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Steve Barham||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Latent Defects Surveyor
An immediate opportunity exists for a Latent Defects Surveyor to provide innovative solutions for a well- established insurance company expanding its business to include structural indemnity insurance. Based in London the Latent Defects Surveyor will be genuinely relied upon to provide the knowledge and expertise in-house and contribute to the company's success and growth.
- Salary £45,000 - £50,000
- 20 days holiday, increasing to 22 after3 years
- Pension - up to 5% employer contribution - employee matching
- Life Cover
- Bonus Scheme
- Other benefits such as Gym membership, theatre trips, festival tickets, etc, available
The main duties and responsibilities of the Latent Defects Surveyor will include:
- Assisting Underwriters in the appropriate Business Unit in the analysis, interpretation and validation of survey reports and other information provided to Underwriters by clients relating to proposed development projects, and to undertake further review and clarification on any issue raised.
- Knowledge management and transfer to enable the Underwriters to fully understand all aspects of technical submissions provided by clients, and where necessary, to provide training to Underwriters as appropriate.
- Undertaking of site surveys and visits as required and the issue of the required reports to assist the Underwriters.
- Develop with the Underwriters an understanding of the appropriate underwriting standards and methodologies to underwrite specific risks/projects in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures and guidelines as agreed with the Senior Underwriter.
- Develop relationships with key clients and to encourage business development.
- Develop internal relationships with team members of the Company's other business units in order to maximise cross-selling opportunities.
- Assist the Underwriters and Claims Manager to analyse claims and agree revisions to underwriting and/or claims processes.
- Supporting the Board with the promotion of UK insurance products and services, including attendance at and delivery of business development activities linked to the Company's Business Plan.
This is a new and exciting role within the Latent Defects / Structural Indemnity Underwriting Team and would suit a RICS qualified building surveyor who is keen to use their technical expertise and develop additional underwriting and client relationship skills.
The successful Latent Defects Surveyor you will have:
- Experience as General Building Surveyor including Building Control with competence in Dilapidations surveys and Party Walls.
- Residential / Commercial Properties
- Ability to translate technical information into easily understood advice to support business decisions.
- A high level of diligence, attention to detail and tenacity.
- Ability to prioritise and time manage opportunities where response times are critical and deadlines very narrow.
- Ability to present confidently and competently to a variety of audiences.
- Resilience and the ability to face new challenges with a proactive and can do approach.
- Ability to develop new processes and working practices.
- Proven competence in the delivery of professional advice and training.
- Ability to think critically and apply professional knowledge into workable solutions for clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity and offers enormous potential. The Latent Defects Surveyor will be an integral part of a venture that will also develop your portfolio by gaining sufficient experience and expertise to underwrite specific risks and projects. Tenacity, motivation and drive are essential qualities, as are your communication skills, critical thinking and a genuine desire to get the best outcome for clients.
If you are a qualified Building Surveyor, professionally competent (RICS qualified with 3 years' PQE) with experience in dilapidations surveys and party wall, then this could be your next challenge, as a Latent Defects Surveyor.