|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £28000 - £36000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 19 days ago|
There is a requirement for an SWS Instructor for the Launcher Discipline. The SWS Instructor will be responsible to the Training Associate Manager for ensuring that customer requirements and contractual outputs are delivered against agreed SLA's and KPI's. In addition, the postholder will be integrated into the FOST instructional team to assure that customer's requirements are met.
What the role entails:
- Work as a fully integrated member of the Team at UK TTF in support of FOST instructional requirements
- Deliver instruction outputs as assigned by TTF staff
- Support SWS operations in support of training outputs within TTF as assigned
- Provide support to FOST authorised organisations in support of training outputs
- Support US/UK forums as required by TTF-HOT/LMUK SS
- Conduct reviews of training documentation iaw FOST Quality Processes
- Shift working will be required in support of the RN Training Programme
- Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements
What you need to be the successful Launcher Engineer:
- Experience of instructional delivery
- Excellent organisational and workload management skills
- Strong communication, verbal and presentation skills
- Flexibility and an adaptable attitude to working shifts.
- Be motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines
- Defence training delivery qualification, Defence Train The Trainer (DTTT) or Defence Instructional Techniques (DIT)
- Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation
- Experience in training environments and SWS equipment
- Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor
- Knowledge of FOST Quality Processes
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Faslane - Some occasional international travel may be required to the USA for training. Only once every year or two at most.
16-18 People in the team, 6 of which are staff and 10-12 Royal Navy personnel. Workload planning done and distributed by team chief in the RN staff but Manager for 6 staff is done by Team Manager.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.