|Location: London, England||Salary: £48000 - £52500 per annum|
|Sector: Corporate & Professional Services, Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Steve Barham|
In-house Pensions Lawyer, This role is 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave and is likely to start end of July 2018. The organisation supports speedy and effective resolutions around pension disputes they provide free advisory, mediation and ligation support to the public. You will be working with a small in-house team of four lawyers reporting into the Head of Legal Support.
- Educated to degree level
- A qualified solicitor with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience and exposure to at least one of the following areas: pensions, litigation, disputes resolution, F or public law
- Ability to draft and edit documents to a high standard
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
About the role
- Investigate, advise on or settle complex (particularly legally complex) cases
- Act as a sounding board for colleagues and assist colleagues to identify, monitor and mitigate risks
- Support the organisation in following through any legal consequences of determinations which are appealed, including handling any litigation
- Advise on matters of policy affecting the organisation, its processes and procedures
- Liaise with external stakeholders to support the organisation
- Give presentations on behalf of the organisation
- Provide support and advice to colleagues in the organisation on legal and procedural issues which may arise on matters under investigation
This role is a 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to extend.
This role comes with great employee benefits! Great pension, 36 hour working week, flexibility around working hours and the option to work from home for one to two days per week.
If you are a qualified solicitor and have experience in Pensions Law, Financial Services Regulation or possess a good level of Litigation experience and you could be available for a fixed term contract please don't hesitate to get in touch to find out more about this role.