|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £25000 - £30000 per annum + Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Lead Assembly Technician
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Package
Key Skills: Manufacturing, Assembly, Team Lead, Supervisor, Vehicle, Plant, Machinery, Lean Manufacturing, Engineering, Training, Quality, Cost, Production, Safety, Planning, Defence, Armoured Vehicles, Heavy Plant
An experienced Lead Assembly Technician is required to join a globally renowned organisation working on heavy machinery and armoured vehicles. You will be responsible for the day to day management of skilled operatives including training, development and welfare, whilst meeting all set objectives within the manufacturing process. Your knowledge and skills will be utilised to make for a more efficient workplace!
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person who is looking to expand on their existing skills & lead a team of 10. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Lead Assembly Technician?
- Work within a low volume manufacturing and development environment
- Management of the day to day activities of 10 reports
- Management of KPI metrics for quality, cost, delivery, schedule
- Liaison with Engineering and design to improve manufacturing methods and procedures
- Mentor, train and development of others in line with the set-out skills matrix
- Drive continuous improvement actively in meeting cost reduction activities
- Drive 6 'S' AND Lean Manufacturing activity
What are we looking for in our next Lead Assembly Technician?
- Hold a professional certification (HNC/HND/ONC) in Mechanical Engineering or Similar
- 2+ years' experience in manufacturing OR production of heavy plant & machinery
- Previous Armoured Fighting Vehicle Assembly highly desirable
- Knowledge & experience implementing Lean Manufacturing or 6 'S'
- Previous management experience including training & mentorship
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Lead Assembly Technician, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Lead Assembly Technician, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy