|Location: Surrey, England||Salary: £25000 - £35000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Lead Desktop Support Engineer
Lead Desktop Support Engineer needed for a BAFTA-winning, independent games software house based in Surrey, who are looking to employ an experienced Lead Desktop Support Engineer.
The successful Lead Desktop Support Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
- 20 day's holiday, including bank holidays and a discretionary 3 days off over Christmas
- Leave allowance increases by 1 day after 5 years and 10 years
- Reimburse the cost of eye tests
- £100 contribution towards new glasses if you need them for work
- Fresh fruit available for everyone
What the Lead Desktop Support Engineer role entails:
- Excellent prioritisation skills for day-to-day/BAU/1st & 2nd line queries, for yourself and one other engineer
- Ensuring new hires' PC and equipment are setup in advance of start date
- Maintaining the stock cupboard. (i.e. ensuring sufficient stock levels and ensuring the room is tidy
- Ensuring the desktop engineer lab desks/area is tidy and well-organised.
- Ensuring we have sufficient licenses for common apps for new hires
- Hardware and software troubleshooting (desktop, laptop, printer, etc.). Must be to component level (i.e. RAM/CPU/DISK/PSU/etc.).
- Ensuring all physical hardware is asset tagged and all software is registered within our asset system.
- Building and maintaining documentation for common desktop processes.
What you need to be the successful Lead Desktop Support Engineer:
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with using Service Desk software
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Office365
- A minimum of three years desktop support experience.
- The ability to provide a complete desktop support service - installation, configuration, customisation, peripherals (GFX cards, printers, cabling, etc.) and other hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience of building and maintaining laptop/desktop PC images.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting LAN TCP/IP networking, including wired and wireless support.
- Supporting Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365 applications.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Desktop Support Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.