|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Lead Electronics Engineer
Lead Electronics Engineer needed for a leading aerospace and defence company based in Cheltenham. They are looking to employ an experienced Lead Electronics Engineer who has a degree in Electronics Engineering or another related engineering or science discipline, and someone who has experience providing technical mentoring, coaching and leadership to other engineers, ideally they are also looking for experience and understanding of product development practices in the aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 & AS9100 quality standards.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Lead Electronics Engineer will include:
Under the leadership element of the role:
- Management and planning, performance and discipline, morale and welfare of domain personnel.
- Ensure domain is correctly resourced, in terms of suitably qualified and experienced personnel and appropriate tools, to deliver project work packages as directed by Chief Engineers/PM.
- Deployment of engineering resources as agreed with stakeholders.
- Completion of PDP's in the functional domain.
- Completion and evaluation of the engineering skills matrix.
- Drive engineering domain efficiency through constant improvement (e.g. process).
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of Company, self and the domain staff development.
- Adherence at all times to the Health and Safety Policy as contained in Company Procedure.
- Adherence at all times to the Employee Handbook, published procedures and policies
- To annually review own job progress with the objective of achieving continuous improvement.
- Adherence and contribution to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- To fulfil and comply with the terms and conditions of your contract of employment with the Company.
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested.
Under the electronics delivery element of the role:
- Write allocated sections/volumes of the technical bid response as directed by the Chief Engineer
- Provide consistent, accurate and 'value for money' bid estimates for technical bids to the Chief engineers.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Chief Engineers on project requirements during bid and project delivery.
- Subject matter expert for Electronics providing technical leadership and influencing company strategy
- Actively influence other disciplines (Software, Mechanical and Systems) with a view to cooperatively creating a design, where necessary.
- Analogue circuit design, including design for EMC, micro-controllers, ADCs & analogue interfacing to achieve function, testability & manufacturability
- Be able to define and use best practices in circuit design including component selection for obsolescence, safety and reliability
- Estimations of electronics development cost and budget and oversight of other engineer's estimates
- Understanding of PCB design techniques and construction
- Understanding of Board manufacturing methodologies
- Investigate new technologies that could benefit the domain and/or company
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to build confidence in the solution, providing design descriptions, analysis and test data as needed.
- Produce robust design assurance data through accurate management of requirements, design changes and product verification.
- Develop and/or implement Electronics technical strategy across a portfolio of related products.
What you need to be the successful Lead Electronics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Lead Electronics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree educated in Electronics Engineering, another related engineering or science discipline or demonstrable industry experience in an electronics design role.
- Experience providing technical mentoring, coaching and leadership to other engineers.
- Full understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements on product/project delivery for bespoke products to customer requirements in a formal process driven environment.
- Understands of the importance of the DFMA & Test ethos during product development, 'Affordability' and 'Lean Manufacturing' principles.
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and the resulting impact to overall performance in the business.
- Capable of providing clear and concise presentations to Internal and external Customers.
- Experience and understanding of product development practices in the aerospace and safety critical sectors in accordance with ISO9001 & AS9100 quality standards.
- Experience of developing products for use in harsh environments or exacting standards.
- Be able to approach problem solving and analytical tasks in a methodical and logical manner.
- Self-motivated, ability to motivate others and good communication skills.
- To satisfy the expectations and requirements of your primary customer.
- To question and where necessary challenge constructively any instruction believed not to be in the best interest of the Company or its customers.
- Experience working to safety critical standards, preparation of product safety cases and preparation of safety arguments.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Electronics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Lead Electronics Engineer role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.