|Location: Middlesex, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Lead Engineer
Salary: Dependant Upon Experience
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Key Skills: Aerospace, Defence, Engineering, Solutions, Architect, Proposals, Costing, Estimating, Bids, Products, Travel, Clients, Problem Solving, Radio Systems, Equipment, Customers, Estimates, Portfolio
An experienced Lead Engineer is required to work closely with the sales team as a technical engineering expert. The sales team will provide the Lead Engineer with a requirement who will work out how to design the system, how it will fit together, and how much the solution will cost.
In this Lead Engineer role, you will also be involved in the production of concept solutions, white papers, technical proposals and cost estimates.
So, what will you be doing as a Senior Buyer?
- Work with customers to develop solution requirements, and to foresee their future needs.
- Generate system solutions, maximising re-use of existing products within the company portfolio.
- Produce high quality, robust white papers and technical proposals to meet customer needs.
- Develop cost estimates to support the generation of bids.
- Provide briefings and demonstrations to individuals and groups, both at site and at customer premises.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of products and services.
- Manage own time and workload to efficiently deliver multiple, concurrent work packages.
- Build relationships, and ensure the company is represented as a professional, capable and reliable organisation to both existing and potential customers.
- Attend meetings with customers away from the site, occasionally on short notice. For guidance, applicants should anticipate an average of approximately two trips per month, with a total duration of 5-7 days, (variable depending on workload).
What are we looking for in our next Senior Buyer?
- Degree Educated in an Engineering discipline or similar
- Previous position in a customer-facing technical role.
- Demonstrable experience in concept development, system design and architecting solutions; able to demonstrate 'systems thinking' in problem solving.
- Prior involvement in the generation of bids.
- An ability to learn (e.g. to gain full knowledge of current products)
- Demonstrate an ability to build effective relationships with customers at all levels, and be held in high regard by them.
- Demonstrate an ability to multi-task effectively.
- Willingness to travel, both within the UK and overseas.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Experience in Radio systems is desirable
- Experience in developing military equipment is highly desirable
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Lead Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Lead Engineer, hit that APPLY button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy