|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £10000 - £100000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Infrastructure Engineer needed for a large Defence organisation based in Hampshire. As the Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring BAU, which will include leading small teams and engaging with customers. You will remain hands-on and have oversight of complex technical issues, technically leading projects and major incidents through to resolution.
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- 37 Hour Working Week
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Pension scheme
- Life Cover
- Income Protection
- On site Free Health Assessment
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Delivery of client projects
- Service patching
- Incident resolution
- Security response
- Acceptance into service
- Technology upgrades
- Problem management
- Datacentre operations
- Automation and efficiency improvements
- Technical mentoring
- Presales input
What you need to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer:
In order to be the successful Infrastructure Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Strong technical background with a broad range of knowledge, the tech stack is based on Microsoft Server, VMWare and a mixture of COTS and custom applications.
- Knowledge of PowerShell and Cyber Security, or working in a secure environment, would be advantageous.
- Calm and methodical approach to problem solving
- You foster a culture of best practice, process, compliance and continuous improvement
- Industry standard qualifications, or equivalent knowledge, such as MCSE, CISSP, CCNP, ITIL, VCP, degree
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in the management small teams would be advantageous
Must be eligible for DV Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Infrastructure Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.