|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: £44959 - £50272 per annum + Extensive Benefits Package|
|Sector: Nuclear||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Sam Davies||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a Leading Energy organisation based in Oxford who are looking to employ an experienced Lead Mechanical Design Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of designing electro-mechanical devices and who also has experience in leading a team.
The successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £44,000 - 50,000 per annum
* Lots of annual leave in excess of 35 days per annum.
* Variable annual bonus up to 7%
* Excellent Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Flexible working hours
* Onsite parking
* Cycle scheme
What the role entails: We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to design, develop, commission, test, maintain and operate tools and equipment for remote handling operations as well as lead a team of Engineers.
Some of the main duties of the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will include:
* Creation and design of effective remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs
* Supervision of engineers and draughts people to maintain high design standards and integrate design work
* Liaison with customers to report of project progress and to agree priorities
* Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
* Lead and manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of existing systems.
* Managing the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote system.
In order to be the successful Lead Mechanical Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience in mechanism design and actuator selection
* Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculation and finite element techniques
* Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
* Experience in using 3D CAD system
* Ability to work as part of a larger team or group
* Engineering council recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent experience
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!