|Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer required to join a globally established Defence / Engineering company in the Staffordshire area as part of their Engineering team. The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will be working on projects for Power electronics and inverter systems.
Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will provide mechanical design expertise in support of business opportunities. This will include feasibility studies, technology developments, concept designs for new products and bids and proposals. The successful Engineer will also be required to provide guidance and support to other Mechanical Engineers within the engineering team.
On offer for the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer is a fantastic salary with a wealth of benefits.
- Generate concept design proposals and feasibility studies to support product development programmes
- Management and Co-ordination of technical activities within a small team
- Carrying out elements of the product design
- Responsible for the structural and thermal performance of products
- Guidance and support to other mechanical engineers
- Design review authority for mechanical aspects of projects
- Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
- Provide the engineering department with mechanical engineering expertise in support of future business opportunities
- A degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of engineering (e.g. systems, electrical, electro-mechanical)
- Appreciation of electrical aspects of cabinet design (e.g. EMC, stray fields, creepage and clearance, insulation systems)
- Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to electronic cabinets; sheet metal fabrications, welding, machining, corrosion protection
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
- Use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural analysis, fatigue life assessments.
- Good knowledge of materials
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews.
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
It is likely that in future the candidate may perform mechanical lead roles in complex power developments
- Eligible for SC clearance.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.