|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Oil & Gas, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: April Burton|
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer needed for a leading defence company based in Wimborne, Dorset. My client is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join their ever growing team at their Nuclear Control Systems site.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will want to work for this client not only because this is a fantastic opportunity working on a brand new project that has the potential to rapidly expand the business. They also offer fantastic benefits that include:
- Competitive annual salary
- Fantastic career progression
- Flexible Working
- Childcare Vouchers
- Holiday Flexibility
- Retail Vouchers
- Private Medical Insurance
- Brand new project where you will have the opportunity to build your own team.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Lead Mechanical Engineer will include:
- Develop, test and fully validate mechanical solutions.
- Be adaptive to support future work as the project progresses, and support recruitment of Engineers as required.
- To display innovation and passion; leading engineers to develop excellent solutions to difficult problems within a mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
- Development and maintenance of engineering and leadership skills and capabilities in more junior engineers, through mentoring, training and other measures as appropriate.
- Application of nuclear standards (e.g. ASME) to ensure proposed design solutions meet industry requirements at all times.
- Evaluate products by designing and conducting appropriate design, development, verification and validation methods.
What you need to be the successful Lead Mechanical Engineer:
- A minimum of BTEC qualified in a Mechanical/l Aerospace/Automotive Engineering or similar discipline.
- Pressure vessel design/ sealing of pressure vessels experience.
- Application of ASME coding within a nuclear environment.
- Experience working from design concept to manufacture.
- Knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM/A and Root cause analysis.
- Experience supporting the design and assembly of products designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions.
- Experience working with a variety of mechanical manufacturing processes and assembly techniques including welding, brazing and high vacuum would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of radioactive materials would be advantageous.
- Experience designing jigs and fixtures is desirable.
- Team leadership experience would be advantageous.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance (MUST only hold a British passport).
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career. This will give you the chance to work on a brand new project and to build your own team of engineers.
If you are interested, please apply today!
Lead Mechanical Engineer
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.