|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Up to £1 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer needed for a globally-recognised electronic manufacturer based in Wimborne who are looking to employ an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer with an in-depth experience of developing, testing, and fully validating mechanical solutions within a Nuclear environment.
The successful Lead Mechanical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a wealth of benefits including:
* A very competitive Annual Salary
* 25 day's holidays in addition to Bank Holidays
* Flexible Working Hours
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Child Care Vouchers
* Health Screening
* Cycle to work scheme
* Life assurance
* Free parking
* Subsidised Canteen onsite
* + Many more benefits to pick and choose from!
Some of the main duties of the Lead Mechanical Engineer will include:
* Develop, test and fully validate mechanical solutions associated with the NuScale SMR such as sealing to allow removal of instrumentation for servicing & refueling.
* Be adaptive to support future NuScale work as the project progresses, and support recruitment of Engineers as required.
* To display innovation and passion; leading engineers to develop excellent solutions to difficult problems within a mechanical design and manufacturing environment.
* Development and maintenance of engineering and leadership skills and capabilities in more junior engineers, through mentoring, training and other measures as appropriate.
* Ensure that systems, tools and processes are developed to ensure that they remain fit for purpose, and appropriate to programme.
* Application of nuclear standards (e.g. ASME) to ensure proposed design solutions meet industry requirements at all times.
* Evaluate products by designing and conducting appropriate design, development, verification and validation methods.
* Applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, and materials etc.
* Strong ability to use analytical techniques to design out potential design and process failures.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Lead team based problem solving using recognised tools and techniques
* Encourage collaboration with partners, sub-contractors and within team, through open and shared communication.
* Accurately report into the project on measures such as progress, estimates to complete and risks/issues.
In order to be the successful Lead Mechanical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A minimum of BTEC qualified in a Mechanical/Aerospace/Automotive Engineering or similar discipline.
* Pressure vessel design / sealing of pressure vessels experience
* Application of ASME coding within a nuclear environment.
* Experience working with a variety of mechanical manufacturing processes and assembly techniques including welding, brazing and high vacuum would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of radioactive materials would be advantageous.
* Experience working with Bills of Materials and detailed drawing packs.
* Experience designing jigs and fixtures is desirable
* Knowledge of analytical simulation techniques such as FEA etc.
* Knowledge of DFMEA, PFMEA, DFM/A and Root cause analysis.
* Experience supporting the design and assembly of products designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions.
* Ability to write self-consistent engineering reports and documentation for publishing.
* Ability to communicate complex aspects of designs verbally and graphically.
* Ability to work on own and in a team environment.
* Team leadership experience would be advantageous but is not essential
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.