|Location: Glenrothes, Fife||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Lead Programme Manager required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Glenrothes, Scotland. My best client is looking for someone with experience in a lead role within Programme Management, working on large and complex Programmes within the aerospace/defence industry.
This is a fantastic contract opportunity for an established and professional Lead Programme Manager, to work on a 6 month contract position!
My client are one of the leading multi-billion pound companies within the global defence/aerospace industry.
Candidates for this Lead Programme Manager opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Lead Programme Manager skills required:
- Proven technical expertise and management on defence programmes and has knowledge and experience of other related disciplines
- Clear understanding of financial management and impacts on programmes
- Experience and knowledge of managing and motivating a group of engineers with varying and diverse skill sets
- Working with their development team provides technical solutions with a high degree of ingenuity and creativity
- Uses process from a varied 'tool box' of problem solving techniques
- Facilitates problem solving within a team environment
- Recognised as main point of contact of programme engineering issues for their development programmes and as the Engineering point of contact for the Power Development business section
- Exercises latitude in determining programme structure and engineering management approach
- Short and medium term desecration on resource allocation relative to long-term perspective
- Day to day management and motivation of a team of engineers over the duration of the assignment
- Confident and competent in a "customer facing" role, representing the organisation as the engineering contact on contracts and projects
- Able to interact with senior external personnel on significant engineering matters often requiring coordination between organisations
- Demonstrable experience over a range of programmes in the defence or other relevant sectors and business areas
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Science, Aeronautical Engineering or other related field
TO APPLY FOR THIS EXCITING 6 MONTH CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE PRESS 'APPLY NOW'.