|Location: Staffordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Lead Sensor Engineer
Lead Sensor Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Staffordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Lead Sensor Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of low noise analogue electronics design, design of A/Ds and understanding of materials and mechanical integration of electronic systems.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Lead Sensor Engineer will include:
This role will lead the development and support of new and existing sensors and sensor systems. You will become the expert in magnetic and electric field sensors for the company. This will require you to be involved in all aspects of the design lifecycle from strategy through bid support to design and support to production.
You will have a proactive approach to engineering and problem solving with some understanding of project management and document writing from proposals to test and technical documents.
What experience you need to be the successful Lead Sensor Engineer:
- Willing to learn the background chemistry associated with electric field sensors.
- Able to gain an understanding of magnetic sensing technology
- Knowledge of low noise analogue electronics design.
- Design of A/Ds
- Understanding of materials and mechanical integration of electronic systems.
- A basic understanding of data communications networks, selection of data switches
- Pro-active approach to engagement with colleagues.
- Attention to detail
- Good Lab practice
- Willingness to learn and be flexible in day to day job tasks
- Willingness to travel both in the UK and abroad
- Ability to achieve SC clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Sensor Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Lead Sensor Engineer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.