|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £25000 - £29000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Lead Shipping Officer
Lead Shipping Officer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Portsmouth. They're looking to employ an experienced Lead Shipping Officer who will be responsible for overseeing all freight movements made by RMS business units, ensuring safety and compliance. This role is within the International Trade Compliance team within the Sustainment Function, performing a variety of tasks. The Trade Compliance team is responsible for overseeing/arranging shipment of goods to and from sites within the UK and internationally, and transfers of export-controlled technology / US technical data.
The successful Lead Shipping Officer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Lead Shipping Officer will include:
- Control international and domestic freight movements through Asset Management Requests (AMRs) for five business units.
- Liaise with approved freight agencies to move goods domestically and internationally
- Ensures that freight and logistic issues, including those related to customers or suppliers
- Decide on the preference for freight movements and meet savings objectives to achieve the best and most efficient route to effect delivery or transfer of goods, and to comply with any necessary regulations or compliance requirements
- Manage any Customs Special Procedures, Reliefs granted by HMRC or applications for schemes and guarantees as required. Support programmes by actively suggesting any schemes that may be suitable. Liaise with US imports to ensure that all US exportations meet the requirements of ITAR at US Border Control.
What you need to be the successful Lead Shipping Officer:
In order to be the successful Lead Shipping Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Three years working in a logistics and freight field is desirable, one year's experience minimum.
- Experience in the Defence/Aerospace Industry and an AEO company is desirable.
- A reasonable understanding of UK import and export requirements for military products and a good but basic understanding of US ITAR and EAR regulations including their impact in the UK on domestic movements
- Must be able to perform in a customer focused business environment, cope with competing priorities without significant direction and must be able to work to and achieve set objectives and targets as required by the business.
- Should have some experience/understanding of the overlap between and layered requirements of security, export and import
- Experience working for a UK subsidiary of a US defence company is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Able to follow process without deviation or if challenged can produce viable solutions which meet both legislative and internal policy detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Access is essential and working knowledge of Department for International Trade and HMRC tools, websites and software would be an advantage
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Shipping Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.