|Location: Templecombe, Somerset||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Systems Engineer (Technical Lead)
£45,000 - £55,000
We have an opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer to work with the European number one in defence electronics and the world number two in defence radio comms, our client is a leading name in the global defence and international security markets.
As well as equipping over 40 naval forces globally, they have a proud heritage in the UK going back over 100 years.
The Systems Engineering team this role is with carry out Systems Engineering activities covering the full lifecycle for Mine Warfare. An interesting and challenging opportunity exists for an experienced and highly capable Systems Engineer to act as the technical lead for a number of development programmes, at the leading edge of the command and control of unmanned assets, as part of an Autonomous team.
The perfect candidate will be familiar with defence architecture principles and methods. They will have a firm grounding in Systems & Software implementation and be able to communicate complex technical ideas clearly and effectively, to a wide and varied audience.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to the Autonomous team.
- System definition activities, Bids & Project, System requirements capture & definition and justification, functional and physical definitions.
- Product-line Engineering
- Collaboration with industry partners as well as government research agencies
- Impact Analysis / Variation
- Customer requirement resolution
- Regular interaction with key stakeholders.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant systems engineering experience in the defence industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of working on "system of systems"
- Full engineering lifecycle experience
- Maritime background ideally
- Used to working in collaborative teams
- Bachelors Degree level, or equivalent, in engineering or relevant scientific discipline.