|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 15 days ago|
Lead Test and Systems Integration Engineer
Based in Chelmsford
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
I have an opportunity for an electromechanical biased engineer to join my clients engineering test and system integration team. Working within the group, the successful candidate will work alongside a team of engineers designing, documenting and verifying to develop the next generation of RF Power products and processes.
This system test engineer position covers many system aspects ranging from prime power distribution systems, power electronics' switching, mechanical design, build and integration, industrial process controllers and high power radio frequency (RF) products and technologies.
Responsibilities for the successful Lead Test and Systems Integration Engineer:
- Produce test procedures and verification plans / matrices to compile documented evidence of product compliance. Follow test plans for electrical, mechanical and RF performance criteria to validate components / product.
- Understand the technical concepts and practical applications of systems architecture. In particular, sub-system interfacing (including high voltage / high power connectivity), control principles and RF systems and measurement.
- Evaluate prototype designs of components (including mechanical elements), sub-assemblies and systems - to ensure they meet original design criteria by identifying and selecting the appropriate test methodologies. Feedback results to project and management teams producing accurate and timely reports.
- As part of the development team, identify key risks and appropriate mitigation by developing effective networks with other team members and key support functions to drive a prompt resolution to problems.
- Assist in supporting documentation capture so that new product introduction transfers to a production environment seamlessly.
- Work with the development teams to identify bespoke test equipment requirements and assist/lead in the specification, quotation and design phases of the required implementation/deployment.
- Manage the day to day workload of the technician pool and ensure we have the right balance of skills and crewing to meet our deliverables.
Required experience for the successful Lead Test and Systems Integration Engineer:
- HNC / HND / degree in an engineering related subject or equivalent experience working within a professional engineering development environment
- Good understanding of high power electrical distribution, power electronics, inverters, high voltage techniques, RF systems and control management
- Familiarisation with electrical, electronic and RF measurement techniques and experience in the use of associated equipment for the purposes of testing, evaluating and fault diagnostics
- Ability to work from provided documentation - electrical schematics and mechanical drawings - BoM's - procedures etc
- Writing system test plans, sub system level test plans, FAT & SAT.
- Fluent with risk assessment processes
- Familiarity with high voltage systems and safe working practices
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD (or AutoCAD Electrical) as a design / capture tool
- Able to undertake technical work packages with minimal supervision
- Previous experience of team management and or supervision
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff memebers paasing on essential engineering skills through up-skilling
- Experience of electronic and mechanical assembly techniques
- Familiarity with selection and use of laboratory test equipment and measurement techniques
- This position may on occasions require UK and overseas travel which may be customer facing
- BS clearance and eligible to obtain SC clearance
Desirable Experience for the successful Lead Test and Systems Integration Engineer:
- Knowledge of magnetrons, klystrons, SSA's and TWT's an advantage
- City &Guilds 2392 or 2395 (formerly 2391) Inspection and Testing qualification
- BS7671 Wiring Regulation qualified (C&G 2382-12 or equivalent)
- IPC J-STD-001 soldering certification
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 cable/wire harness assemblies
- Mechanical design and CAD capture to company drawings standards
- Demonstrate able experience of Live Test & Inspection work
- Appreciation of the product development life cycle and product verification processes
- An appreciation of electrical (including 'fail safe' design methodology), ionising radiation, non-ionising radiation and electromagnetic safety requirements
- Familiarisation of equipment thermal management cooling systems (water / Glycol / forced air) and associated monitoring
Please note that all successful candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance (SC)