|Location: West Malling, Kent||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000
We are currently looking for a Lead Underwriter to work for a well-established Insurance Company based in West Malling, Kent.
- 20 days holiday, increasing to 22 after3 years
- Pension - up to 5% employer contribution - employee matching
- Life Cover
- Bonus Scheme
- Other benefits such as Gym membership, theatre trips, festival tickets, etc. available
Some of the Key Responsibilities of the Lead Underwriter will include:
- All duties and responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with company procedures, within agreed authority limits and in compliance with the companies' and Lloyd's byelaws, regulations and codes of practice and include but are not limited to:
- To work alongside the Legal Indemnities Manager, assist the Underwriting Director in all underwriting and associated business development activities to ensure that all company insurance targets and objectives are met
- Oversee underwriting business conducted by the Underwriters and Assistant Underwriters
- Responsible for daily underwriting of appropriate residential and commercial legal indemnity products; probate/executry covers; title insurance schemes business; and lender covers within UK including production of appropriate policy wordings;
- To ensure that all risks written are recorded in accordance with agreed standards.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports on underwriting activity
- Supporting Underwriting Director by providing training, assistance and mentoring to Underwriters and Assistant Underwriters;
- Supporting Legal Indemnity Manager (where appropriate) and Underwriting Director in development and implementation of new products and processes
- Liaise with Business Development Managers to ensure best possible client acquisition and retention results and to promote best possible client journey at all times
- To keep up to date with changes in law and implement internal updates where necessary.
- Attend and manage client presentations and training related to the company's products
- Demonstrating in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of the applications of the Company's insurance products, policy forms and processes;
- To contribute, in formal meetings and otherwise, to the monitoring of all accounts written.
- To assist in developing and retaining client relationships throughout the business
- To work across associated group companies were necessary.
- To lead on the implementation of internal audit control functions, ensuring best practice risk and compliance activities are undertaken across the business.